Friday, February 22, 2008

Blogging for Fun & Profit, Part 2


Okay, folks, so by now you know I've been trying to think of ways to make some money blogging. I mean, I figure it's one of my favorite things to do so why not try to put that to work for me, right? As SAHM has to earn her keep somehow and I really hate doing housework so I have to contribute to the household one way or another...

In my quest I found a really cool site through one of my freelance writer's communities that lets you blog about products, services and sites relevant to your site/readership/life. Payperpost.com is a cool place that pays Bloggers to talk about things they find interesting. You just sign up, submit your blog, and once it's approved there is a list of cool things to blog about and each one has a pay figure.

Don't think of it as selling out, think of it as expanding your blogging horizons. I still get to pick what I blog about and I can choose things that I find interesting or useful or just plain cool. It's really different from those random margin ads because you get to choose your blog ads instead of having some sketchy unapproved sponsors showing up on the margins of your blog next to pictures of your family.

So, check it out if you're interested and I'll be sure and let you know how it goes. I'm pretty excited, though, 'cause trying to blog every day gets tough so it definitely helps to have a pool of ideas from this place. And, on top of that, I'll get to find out about cool things that I might never have heard of. Who doesn't like getting paid for doing something they love to do anyways?

Notice the badge at the bottom? That's one way to tell my "sponsored" blog posts from my others. Just in case you were wondering...


No comments: