Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday - 5 Ingredients or Less

This week's Works for Me Wednesday is the 5 ingredients or less edition. If you know me (or have read my hundred things) you'll know that I really hate cooking. Thankfully I'm married to a man who loves to cook and that means I don't really have to cook that often. But, on the nights I do have to cook you can bet it is going to be simple and easy. And I'll probably end up making this recipe because it is simple, easy and cheap.

I actually got this recipe out of the back of a Real Simple magazine ages ago and it has served me well. It is a really great recipe and no one will ever be able to tell that you faked it!

EasyPeasy Shepherd's Pie

1lb. ground beef (or I use Boca vegetarian meat crumbles)
frozen or canned peas, carrots, and/or corn
frozen or refrigerated mashed potatoes
1/3 cup ketchup
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

Brown beef in skillet. Add veggies, ketchup & Worcestershire sauce. Prepare mashed potatoes as directed on package. Add meat & veggie mixture to casserole dish. Add potatoes on top. Sprinkle with shredded cheese if desired. Bake for 15 minutes at 250.

For more 5 ingredient or less recipes, head over to Shannon's Dryer for Works for Me Wednesday!

8 comments:

The Momster said...

Oh when I was little my mother would make this - we called it Hamburger Pie. Thanks for sharing your version!

Unknown said...

Yum! I'm always looking for something new to do with hamburger.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

I love shepherds pie. It's one of my all time favorite comfort food.
Blessings,
Kim

Happy Mommy said...

I have never made this, it sounds so easy, I am going to make it soon.

Anonymous said...

yummy! I think you made that for us once. and it was tasty!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I went on a bloggy hunt for something to make for dinner tonight that 1) Uses hamburger 2)Easy 3) I have all the ingredients.
Thsi Shepherds Pie fills the bill.
Thanks!!

Audra Krell said...

I am so making this tonight. Thanks for the great recipe!!

Anonymous said...

This is some real comfort food.My family loves Shepards Pie. Ooohh,even with Boca Burgers, I'm going to have to make this sometime this week.
Thankyou for sharing.