Saturday, November 24, 2007

Kai-versations, The Gender Confused Edition


The other day Kai had to go potty and went into the bathroom. She stood in front of the toilet, looked me dead in the eye and said, “Hey, Mom, when I grow up can I get a line like Walker?” Not sure what she meant, I asked her to explain. “You know, a LINE. You can hold it and make it go pee in the potty. Walker has a line and I want one, too. Can I get one?”

Um...please tell me this is not something I have to worry about.

--

At Kai’s Thanksgiving party I asked her to point out her boyfriend Dylan, who I had been hearing alot about at home. But, she told me he wasn’t her boyfriend anymore.

“Why not?” I asked
“Oh, Frannie said I couldn’t have him. He’s her boyfriend.”
“I’m sorry, sweetie.”
“That’s okay, Mom. I have a girlfriend now. Her name is Gracie. She is so sweet.”

Can’t they give us a manual on how to handle these conversations?

No comments: