Saturday, November 24, 2007

ummm.....awkward


Kai has this new habit of running and jumping onto her dad’s lap. It’s sweet, really, except sometimes her aim is not so good - or too good depending on how you look at it. Thomas keeps telling her she has to be careful when she jumps on him (especially if she wants anymore siblings). So, the tonight at Jumpin’ Jacks Playland Kai came over and landed knees first into her dad’s lap. Not good. He asked her again to please be careful and I, tired of skirting the issue, decided to take her aside and explain exactly what was going on. I reminded her that boys and girls are made differently and that boys have extra parts that can get hurt when someone hits them or jumps on them. She looked at me knowingly and seem to completely understand. I was really proud of both of us for handling it in such an up-front, grown-up manner. That is, until she walked over to her daddy and announced loudly and apologetically, “Hey, Dad, I’m sorry for jumping on you. I know you have a long thing there. Sorry.” To which Thomas replied, “Um, okay. Go slide.”

That’s had me giggling all night!

No comments: