Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Oh how I love you, Off The Vine...


The ridiculousness of my recent affection for veggies and fruit does not go unnoticed by my, in case you were wondering. But, I have to tell you about this amazing new discovery that I owe to my good friend, Brenda. There is a local company in thee area that delivers fresh local produce to people in the greater Atlanta area. Every two weeks you receive a bushel of fruit and veggies. Each delivery will be different - depending on what is in season. And it is so wonderful!

We got our first delivery last Tuesday and seeing it by the door waiting for me was like Christmas morning! In our basket we got, green beans, grapefruits, cabbage, zucchini, squash, melon, apples, scallions, avocado, potatoes, lettuce, & red peppers. For $50 they deliver two weeks worth of produce to your door and starting this week they will be offering organic produce. They’ll also throw in some homemade jam.

Okay, so before you give me the award for most boring blog ever, let me tell you what we’ve done with this basket o’ goodies. We’ve made:

-Grilled Veggie & Lettuce Salad
-Corned Beef & Cabbage Pasta
-Speck Und Bona (Dutch Ham & Green Beans)
-Grapefruit & Vinaigrette Mixed Green Salad
-Delicious (if I do say so) Apple Pie
-PB & J with the Best Homemade Mixed Berry Jam

Not to mention, countless fruit and veggie snacks for ourselves and the girls. It has encouraged us to eat healthier and more creatively, and makes us feel good about supporting local growers. Check them out at www.offthevine.com. You’ll be so happy you did!

No comments: