Tuesday, August 12, 2008

It's a...shrimp?


Yesterday we had our big ultrasound visit. I have to say I was about as nervous as I have ever been going in to a visit like that. It took the tech a little while to actually find the baby, but once she did it was obvious that our little one was doing great.

The baby has definitely grown appropriately since last week and he/she looks exactly like it should. They said the heartbeat is strong and everything looks perfect so we are really thrilled. We're just a couple weeks behind where we thought we were which is distressing only because it means my pants are getting tight even earlier than I had previously thought!

I got a picture to keep and Kai insisted that it could not be what the baby actually looks like. I'll admit those early pictures do look like a cross between a tadpole and a gummy bear, but we'll just have to keep reassuring her that he/she won't look like that forever!

Thanks again for all your thoughts, prayers, and good wishes!

I'm putting the finishing touches on my pregnancy blog so this blog doesn't necessarily become baby central for those who'd rather keep hearing about how my kids shave their eyebrows and paint each other with permanent markers. You know, I'd hate to interrupt my documentation of my children's quest to ruin any hope for cool family pictures...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad to hear everything pregnancy wise is going great.

Oh how I love to hear about "shaved" eyebrows LOL omgosh i am still laughing about that one

Ok, Where Was I? said...

I'm so glad it's all going well. I can't wait to read the pregnancy blog--all the excitement without any of the work.

Heather said...

Congrats on the good news!!

Jen said...

Hi Jen,

Just delurking (again) to say congrats! When are you due?? We saw a heartbeat on ultrasound last week, too.

Jen West

Anonymous said...

Im so glad to hear everything is going fine!!

Amy said...

Great news! God is good! I will continue to prey for you and your little one during these very important weeks ahead!