Monday, August 11, 2008

Tips for New Parents

Dear First Time Mommy-

I have a little advice I'd like to share. Something I learned the hard way.

That precious little bundle of cuddles and love all curled up in the crook of your arm may not be able to do anything more than yawn and poke her arms out of the carefully swaddled cocoon you've wrapped her into, but trust me on this.

Put up your razors know. All of them. Hide them in places no one will ever be able to find them. Because if you don't, one day, before you know it you'll find that baby at the ripe old age of 4 shaving off her eye brows.

You'll be cleaning the house (read: trying to watch Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D List) and become alarmed at the eerie silence coming from the bathroom. You'll go in there to find your darling baby with eye brows that only go halfway across her brow bone. And, if you're anything like me, it will be less than one week from the family portrait session you've had planned for over 2 months.

So, do your self a favor, and hide the razors now. Before it's too late...

6 comments:

Me said...

Oh dear. I hope she likes eyebrow pencils, too!

Unknown said...

OMGOSH I am so sorry this happened BUT freakin toooo funny-Oh my I cant stop laughing-
I can always count on you for my morning giggle!

Gettysburg Mom said...

Oh my. That eery silence is never, ever a good thing.

Unknown said...

LOL>..that eerie silence...that's the killer...

Halie said...

Well, it will be a good story for the family pictures :)

You can always use an eye brow pencil temporarily, for the pitures, like someone above mentioned.

Heather said...

Oh my.

Children have the uncanny ability to sense when a major activity is about to occur, and then react accordingly.

This story is going to be soo good when she is, say, 16. I hope you took photos?