Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ivylish: Mastering the art of the knock-knock joke

Oh, how my girls love them some knock-knock jokes. But, they just don't get them. You know?

Ivy sure is trying, though, as evidenced by her latest attempt.

Ivy: Knock-knock.

Me: Who's there?

Ivy: Owl.

Me: Owl, who?

Ivy: Who, who!

She was trying to repeat one she'd heard me tell her sister and just got mixed up. But, what she lacked in understanding she made up for in her enthusiasm! She was positively delighted at telling her very first joke!

3 comments:

Gettysburg Mom said...

I just may scream if my four year old tells the knock-knock-banana-orange joke one more time. It wasn't a great joke to start with...

Anonymous said...

haha That is just too cute! D has been trying too and it goes:

Him: Knock Knock,
Me: Whos there?
Him: Thats silly right?

And then i say Yes because I dont want to crush the kid.

Me said...

I told an 8-year old at our Nashville church the banana/orange joke followed by the interrupting cow joke and got this in response:

Shatiqua: Knock-knock
Me: Who's there?
Shatiqua: Interrupting orange
Me (a little confused): Interrupting or...
Shatiqua: ORANGE!

I laughed for about 10 minutes at the sheer absurdity. :)