Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday - 5 Ingredients or Less

This week's Works for Me Wednesday is the 5 ingredients or less edition. If you know me (or have read my hundred things) you'll know that I really hate cooking. Thankfully I'm married to a man who loves to cook and that means I don't really have to cook that often. But, on the nights I do have to cook you can bet it is going to be simple and easy. And I'll probably end up making this recipe because it is simple, easy and cheap.

I actually got this recipe out of the back of a Real Simple magazine ages ago and it has served me well. It is a really great recipe and no one will ever be able to tell that you faked it!

EasyPeasy Shepherd's Pie

1lb. ground beef (or I use Boca vegetarian meat crumbles)
frozen or canned peas, carrots, and/or corn
frozen or refrigerated mashed potatoes
1/3 cup ketchup
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

Brown beef in skillet. Add veggies, ketchup & Worcestershire sauce. Prepare mashed potatoes as directed on package. Add meat & veggie mixture to casserole dish. Add potatoes on top. Sprinkle with shredded cheese if desired. Bake for 15 minutes at 250.

For more 5 ingredient or less recipes, head over to Shannon's Dryer for Works for Me Wednesday!

8 comments:

The Momster said...

Oh when I was little my mother would make this - we called it Hamburger Pie. Thanks for sharing your version!

Lisa @ Stop and Smell the Chocolates said...

Yum! I'm always looking for something new to do with hamburger.

Homesteader in Training said...

I love shepherds pie. It's one of my all time favorite comfort food.
Blessings,
Kim

Happy Mommy said...

I have never made this, it sounds so easy, I am going to make it soon.

jared said...

yummy! I think you made that for us once. and it was tasty!

beverlydru said...

Hi! I went on a bloggy hunt for something to make for dinner tonight that 1) Uses hamburger 2)Easy 3) I have all the ingredients.
Thsi Shepherds Pie fills the bill.
Thanks!!

Audra Krell said...

I am so making this tonight. Thanks for the great recipe!!

Christine@AreWeThereYetMom said...

This is some real comfort food.My family loves Shepards Pie. Ooohh,even with Boca Burgers, I'm going to have to make this sometime this week.
Thankyou for sharing.