Friday, July 18, 2008

Kai-versations: Sneaky, sneaky...

There is huge drama brewing in our house. The issues surrounding an important event in the fall is causing quite a stir. The debates are heated. The intensity is palpable. And, the family is split down two opposing sides.

What is this key issue causing such a divide?

No, it's not the future of health care in our country. It's not the war in Iraq. It's Halloween. And, the family is divided as follows:

Those who think Ivy should be allowed to dress up as a mermaid like Kai [3].
vs.
Those who think Ivy should NOT be allowed to dress up as a mermaid like Kai [1]

Kai has determined that Ivy should NOT be a mermaid even though all Ivy talks about is dressing up like a mermaid for Halloween. She wants to be just like her big sister. But, her big sister is having none of it.

So, Kai came up with a sneaky solution the other day. Sometimes she scares me just a little bit.

Kai: "I have an idea that will make everyone happy, Mom."

Me: "Good Kai! What is is?"

Kai: "Let's trick Ivy. We'll tell her that she is dressing up like a mermaid, but really she'll be wearing a flower costume. Isn't that perfect?"

I've got to convince her to use her powers for good and not evil...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh thats too funny!

Anonymous said...

Your blog is HILARIOUS.....I came over to visit after you visited me. Thank YOU VERY MUCH! ;)

Kids crack me up! But right now, I'm still smiling at your blog...with Barbie.
Rena Gunther

Amy said...

I'm amazed that this is a topic of conversation in other housholds when its 95 degrees outside and I haven't the least bit thought about Halloween. Unbelievable, what our children's priorities are. Anyway... My 6 year old ironically is also planning to be Ariel from the Little Mermaid. She has been Snow White and Belle in previous years, so if you looking for a good princess costume, I can drop it in the mail. Best of Luck!
-Amy

Rae said...

I LOVE Kai. She is so the evil genius! I can just see her little eyes lighting up with the delight of pulling the wool over her sister's eyes. And I can so see adorable Ives trying to be big sister all the time! I miss them! You must visit.