Sunday, January 20, 2008

Best Tomato Soup Recipe

We were supposed to have some good friends over tonight but Thomas wound up in bed with 103 degree fever and miserable. So I broke out my favorite tomato soup recipe and whipped up some grilled cheese. Perfect comfort food for the ailing. I thought I'd share the soup recipe since it is SO good and easy. My Grandma got it from the country club kitchen where she lives and it is just the best way ever to make tomato soup.

Here's the recipe:

1 Jar Chunky Marinara Spaghetti Sauce
1 container Heavy Cream
1 can of diced tomatoes (undrained)

Pour above ingredients in a pot and heat through until nice and warm. Serve and enjoy!

**you can get creative and add all kinds of spices and extras to this. I usually do it just like this because I either lack creativity in the kitchen or I am too lazy. Still, this is perfect for adding cool stuff to. Let me know if you do try some things. I'd be curious to see how it turns out!

No comments: