Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Total Truth Tuesday Returns!!!

I got way off my blog schedule during the holidays and missed SEVERAL of my Total Truth Tuesdays. In an effort to make up for lost time, I am going to give you 3 embarrassing truths this week...

1. I call TMZ.com "the news"- It should be noted I did not say I think TMZ.com is the news. It's more like I am surfing the web, looking at gossip on TMZ and someone will ask what I'm looking at. To this I inevitably say, "Oh, you know, just reading the news." That way I sound like I am informed and not some silly gossip hound!

2. I can barely tell time. When I was in elementary school our classrooms only had digital clocks. And then I had a digital watch. And now I use my cell phone to tell time. So, if for some reason someone asks me what time it is and I am faced with an analog clock/watch, I am gripped with fear. If I can get away with it I almost always try to say the watch/clock doesn't have the right time and encourage someone near me with a cell phone to tell the time. But, if I really have to, I stare at the face until it makes sense. That sounds even worse described than I thought it would be. So embarrassing.

3. I like spam. Yep, I do. Until I met Thomas I was terrified of Spam. In fact, I refused to even taste it until we'd been married more than a year. I just thought it was horrible. But, Spam is a huge part of Hawaiian culture. They LOVE it there. So, I tried it and you know what? It's not horrible. In fact, it can even be good depending on how you prepare it. Last night I actually made Spam and Mac Casserole. The girls loved it and Thomas loved it. And when served with a delicious tube Popsicles as dessert it is the epitome of class and sophistication. You know you wish you were as classy as us...

So, there you have it. Three truths to make up for 3 (maybe more) weeks of missing Total Truth Tuesday.

Oh yeah, here's the recipe for the above mentioned gourmet meal:

1 small box of Macaroni, cooked
1 12 oz can Spam, cubed
1 can Cream of Celery or Cream of Mushroom
1/2 cup Milk
Canned or frozen peas
shredded Cheddar cheese
2 Tablespoons Butter

Brown Spam and Butter in skillet. Add Cream of Celery Soup and Milk. Add Peas. Add cooked macaroni and desired amount of cheese. Mix together. Sprinkle cheese on top and cover for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.

No comments: