Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Total Truth Tuesday...


My kids watch WAY too much TV. It may very well make me a bad mom, but I cannot resist turning on Blue's Clues or Dora when I need a moment's peace. Sure, I try the playroom. I want to engage them in some productive play time. But, despite the fact that they have a million toys (believe me, if you've seen the playroom messy you'll know that is not an exaggeration) they only end up yelling and screaming at each other if I'm not in there to act as a referee. Then there's always arts and crafts. But, they end up gluing each other or drawing on their hands and arms and faces until I need Clorox bleach to clean it off. So, on those crazy days when I am about to pull my hair out, I go straight to Comcast On-Demand and steal 30 minutes (or an hour) of sanity.

When I do, it is miraculous. There is quiet. The screaming stops. And the girls sit, peacefully on the sofa and are utterly spellbound. It is positively glorious.

And, even though I feel guilty the whole time, I don't feel guilty enough to stop doing it. Here's hoping I don't ruin them forever...

No comments: