Monday, February 4, 2008

Corned Beef and Cabbage...


I made this Corned Beef and Cabbage Soup Stuff tonight for dinner from the recipe below. It was easy, cheap, had fresh veggies and made the whole family happy. Plus, I love just about anything made with Cabbage. It was perfect served with some yeast rolls on the side. I don't think it qualifies as a soup since there wasn't much broth, but its called a soup in the recipe.

Either way it's really good and one of our family's favorites (even if my house does have an overwhelmingly cabbage-y aroma!)

Corned Beef and Cabbage Soup

1 head of cabbage cut into chunks
olive oil
1 small box penne pasta
4 cups chicken broth
1 cup water
1 can corned beef, chopped (I think it could use 2 cans, but I've only ever made it with one)
fresh carrots, sliced

Heat oil in stock pot. Add cabbage and cook 2 minutes. Add broth and water. Add carrots and corned beef. Simmer 20 minutes. Add pasta. Cook until tender. Salt to taste.

I threw in a pic of Kai at the bottom. It was actually taken during the cooking of last week's spaghetti night meal, but she looks too cute in her apron so I couldn't resist.

No comments: