Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day! (the crafty edition)


I decided about a month ago that I was going to make the girls' class Valentines. I did it last year and it was fun so I planned on doing it again. And Valentine's Day was a long ways away so I waited. And I waited. And I waited some more. Finally, in a panic last night I made the Valentine's. It didn't help that I'd bitten off more than I could chew...

For Kai's I decided to steal a Martha Stewart idea and hand-stitch 26 plastic hearts and fill them with Conversation hearts. They turned out so cute (sorry the pictures are a crappy representation) and I am in love with them. Honestly, when I did the first one and saw how much work it was I really hoped the final product would be awful so I wouldn't want to do 26 of them. But, they were too cute to give up on. So, I didn't. And I finished them at a quarter to 5 this morning.



For Ivy's I found a cute idea online. Basically, you just make some playdough, cut them into hearts, and put them in a little bag. Much easier than Kai's (once you find the right playdough recipe-which can be tricky). I think they turned out really cute and I only had to do 10 of those.



Then, in an effort to really run myself into the ground, I decided to have Thomas buy their V-day shirts at the last minute. They of course did not have their sizes and so I had to alter/reconstruct them so they would look cute. Luckily, I pulled it off without having to sew anything! I think they match their personalities so well...

Kai Before


Kai After...



Ivy Before...



Ivy After...





oh, and here's the Playdough Recipe I ended up using. It is easy, fast, and uses the most basic of ingredients.

2 cups of flour
1 cup of salt
1 cup of water (add food coloring to water)
1 tsp. cooking oil

No comments: