Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Total Truth Tuesday

This truth is a shameful secret of mine. I hate to admit to it, and my family teases me mercilessly about it, but the truth is: I LOVE naps.

I love naps like some people love alcohol or illicit drugs. I LOVE to curl up on the sofa in the afternoon and crash for 30 minutes or 2 hours or whatever. On days when I'm home with the girls, I have been known to take a quick nap while they do the same. On days when they're not home, I have definitely been known to nap in the peace and quiet of a kid-free home.

It's probably exaggerated by the fact that I cannot get to sleep before 1 am and the recent trend of my children to get up at 5:30 am, but still it is one of my more embarrassing secrets. I try not to take naps sometimes because I hate to waste so much time sleeping, but it's like an addiction I can't escape.

The funny thing is, my mom says I stopped taking naps before I was 2 and up until about 3 years ago I hated to sleep. I would sleep 4 hours or sometimes less a night and never need a nap. I refused to sleep during the day and never ever ever before midnight. But, after I got mono I never seemed to lose the sleepiness that accompanied it. Now, two kids later, I use them as my excuse for napping. But, the truth is, I count it as a perk of the job. Some people have a 401k, health insurance, and a paycheck. I just happen to have naps...

No comments: