Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day (the LOOOOVE edition)


Beyond being a Hallmark holiday, Valentine's Day is also a special anniversary in our house. It's the 7th anniversary of our engagement. 7 years ago (much to the dismay of some family) Thomas took me out to a nice dinner, gave me a hand-painted box decorated with pictures and a poem he had written, and inside nestled in flower petals was a question in the form of a ring. A short (by that I mean LONG) 10 months later we were married on Christmas Eve.

It was a bit of a fairy tale romance complete with dragons to slay and I am now able to look back and see the whole story with joy and awe for the way God allowed it to unfold.

Thanks, Thomas, for being my knight in shining armor. As Kai would say, "Happy 'I love you' Day!"

No comments: