Saturday, June 14, 2008

A greener solution (and not just in the way you might think)

Okay, so as we evaluated our automobile options we just couldn't find one we fell in love with. And, we just didn't feel like making a fast decision on a car we only felt lukewarm about.

So, we're proposing a trial for the next few weeks. Our plan is to try the one car family life for a couple weeks and see how it works out. People do it. Alot. And now, we're gonna give it a shot.

Thankfully, Thomas can take MARTA to work without too much inconvenience. And, since I stay home with the girls, it's not gonna kill me to drive him to the train station in the mornings. In fact, there's a bus just down the road that he can take to the station if he's so inclined. And, since he got an iPod Touch for Father's Day, I'm betting he might be a bit more inclined to do so.

I've also promised that we could get him a new kick-a** Alienware computer (for increased productivity at work, of course) if he decides this is something he can live with long-term. It's definitely much cheaper than a car.

For now, I'm excited about being a bit greener, both environmentally and in the bank. I mean, without a car payment, car insurance, and the huge gas bills from Thomas' commute we'll be saving the earth and our hard-earned cash. It sounds like a win-win to me.

And, I'll be blogging about the highs and lows of the one car life for the next couple weeks for those of you who might be interested how this works out. We'll see if the green life is indeed for me...

No comments: