Tuesday, June 3, 2008

How do you like your Goodnight Moon?

Goodnight Moon is one of my favorite kid's books of all time. I've been reading it since Kai was about a year old and it is guaranteed to chill my kids out.

About 2 months after I started reading it to Kai, I found that I had it completely memorized. So, I haven't actually read it to her in a while. But, even still, we hear it almost every night.

Then, I got on a Spanish language kick. And since I wanted to bring Spanish into our every day lives, I bought Goodnight Moon in Spanish. So, occasionally we read it in Spanish, too.

My most recent obsession, however, is Goodnight Moon in sign language. Don't ask me why but I found myself wanting to learn enough American Sign Language to be able to sign Goodnight Moon to the girls. And, so, I brought out the book I bought to teach the girls and learned myself some Goodnight Moon!

And tonight, for the very first time ever, I signed it to my girls. And they loved it. I think it is by far the most beautiful way to read the book to my girls...

No comments: