Saturday, March 22, 2008

Finally, some words...

yes, we've been a little video heavy lately. Sorry, but we've just rediscovered how fun it is to do these videos with the girls.

Still, I wanted to post some pics of a project we're working on this weekend. It's still a work in progress but I thought I'd post them anyways. Basically, when we bought this house it came with some super grody carpet. Our plan was always to get rid of it right away but then life kind of happened and we didn't get a chance to do it right away. We got pricing to do hardwoods and well, it will be a while until we can afford to that. So, in the meantime we've chosen a less conventional idea. We're painting the subfloors. My sister, Tara, was the first person I knew to do it and it turned out awesome. So, I'm thinking it is going to be a good temporary solution because, the truth is, I couldn't live with that carpet one more day.

We started with the playroom and we'll do all the rooms eventually, but I thought I'd post some pics of our work in progress...




Now all we need to do is pull out staples and paint the floors with some floor paint. We're off to Lowe's now and we'll update with pics as soon as it's done!

No comments: