Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I'm loving Finger Knitting


I learned this last night in an attempt to learn a finger exercise that would help develop dexterity in Kai's little hands. I've heard knitting is an excellent pre-writing exercise for children (especially those who seem to be ambidextrous like Kai) and I thought this would be a good way to teach the basic concept before introducing needles and also keep her little hands busy.

So, I read a simple WikiHow to Finger Knit and now I'm hopelessly addicted. It is so easy and super relaxing. I made a little scarf-let for Kai this morning and she was pretty interested in the whole thing. We even put it on her hand for a while and let her do some of the "knitting."

Anyways, if you're looking for a fun and relaxing new craft to try I highly recommend checking this out!

No comments: