Monday, March 17, 2008

Update...


So, I had my appt. with the Dr. today and it went really well. I got some good news and some bad news.

Good News:
I don't have to have a screw put in my foot! Yeah!
Other good news, I don't have to have a cast! Double yeah!

Bad News:
I have to have a super ugly and hard to camouflage walking boot (see above pic). Honestly, I think I might rather have had a super cute purple cast than this yucky thing. At least I could hide the cast with leg warmers and cute socks. But, sadly, I am stuck with this thing.

The other good news, though, is that I won't have to wear it too long. And he said I can start walking on the boot as soon as my foot stops hurting. That coupled with the news that I can now start using only one crutch makes for an excellent office visit! I'm as happy as I can be with a broken foot and super relieved that I won't be scheduling a surgery any time soon!

Thanks for all your good wishes, prayers and dinners! We are so thrilled to have such amazing friends!

4 comments:

DreadedRafifi said...

You're like Spaceman Spiff!

Land of Lovings said...

I know. It's positively horrid. There is no hiding this monstrosity!

Me said...

Girl, you're crafty...take some paint pens & rhinestones to that fugly thing! :)

Land of Lovings said...

That is so funny that you said that because I was decorating it when I got your comment! I don't know if it is much better but I am thinking I will spray paint it a fun color next...