Wednesday, March 5, 2008

You know you're out of shape when...

you find yourself out of breath and hurting from a water aerobics class. In my quest to find health, I took a water aerobics class with my mom today. It was much harder than I had thought it would be. The crowd was pretty much what I expected, pregnant women and little old ladies, but they seemed neither little nor old when they were schooling me in water exercises. I should have known I was in trouble when the little old lady who welcomed me to the class insisted I wear the ankle weights. I put them on because she had them on and, heck, how heavy could they be? Turns out, pretty heavy. It must have been painfully obvious because halfway through she came over and whispered, "You don't have to wear those just 'cause I said to. If it's too much for you take them off." As if that wasn't embarrassing enough, I actually did have to take them off before my calf muscles burst into flames. So, needless to say, I'll be going back to work it out with the adorable little old ladies (and one little old man) at the gym until I can at least get in good enough shape to keep up with the octogenarian athletic machines!

No comments: