Monday, December 10, 2007

Blog from the Past


I found this blog today that I had written on 6/14/2005 but never posted. Kai would have been just a little over a year old. Younger even than Ivy. But, she was a handful even then. It's funny to take a trip down memory lane...

--

I had to call my mom the other day and ask her one simple question. Did she spend the last 26 years of my life praying that I would give birth the strongest-willed child on the planet? She assures me that no, she did not make a pact with God to give me the most amazingly challenging and independent temper tantrum on two legs. She said she knew she didn't have to ask for it. She knew it would happen. Guess that means God is a just God.

What, you ask, could Kai have done to warrant such a tirade on her temperament? Oh so much! But, here is just one small example. The other day as I was putting her down for a nap she expressed (ever so meekly) her unhappiness at the prospect of sleep. So, I told her, just lay here in the peace and quite of your darkened room and give it a try. If, after 10 minutes, you don't feel like sleeping you can get up. After 6 excruciating minutes of crying and screaming and hysterics, I ventured into her room to accept her wrath. When I got to her, I found that her arms were covered from her fingers to her elbows in huge welts in the pattern of her mouth. That's right, folks. Teeth marks. She bit herself all up and down her arms. Even I have never been that mad. So, needless to say, I am praying that this is just a stage that will zoom past us though, if her mother is any indication, we may be in for a long 26 (and counting) years before this temper thing wears off!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm liking it guys! thanks for putting us on your links! I cant wait for you to see the site!