Sunday, December 30, 2007

It's entirely possible this gift was a bad idea.



I got caught up in the Christmas buying frenzy and thought it would be a good idea to pick up a cap gun (without the caps), badge, and cowboy hat for Kai & Ivy's dress-up closet. It seemed like all they had were princess dresses and high heels so I thought maybe I should get them something that wasn't quite so pink and poofy.

Kai loves the gun though when she opened the badge she looked at it, threw it across the room and exclaimed, "I hate that!" Still, the gun and hat were a hit. She has been carrying the gun all over the house with her. And the other day, on the phone I found myself saying something I never would have thought possible. In the middle of talking without even realizing what I was saying, I called out, "Arema Kai Loving put that gun down now! I don't want to have to ask you again."

Luckily, it was just Thomas I was talking to, but since I said it without even realizing how it sounded I am starting to wonder now if letting my 3-year-old play with a toy gun might be a bad idea...

No comments: