Saturday, April 5, 2008

A Good Day For Books...

Saturday was a great day in the Loving house for books. We spent the morning at Barnes & Noble basking in all the literary goodness there. The girls and I walked away with some science and craft books and a beautiful Hawaiian storybook.

But, on our way home it got even better. The Library about a mile from our house has a book sale every month and though we've lived here almost 2 years it was the first time we'd ever been. And Oh. My. Gosh. it was so great! I got tons of great books for the girls and one really cool book for myself. I didn't even really get a chance to look that much because it was kind of an unplanned stop and we were on our way to doing other things. But, next month I will go back ready to load up on books. Still, I thought I'd show some pictures to illustrate why I am in love with Library sales now:
Barnes & Noble
3 books = $40+


Library Book Sale
16 Books = $12

Not that I'm complaining about buying books at Barnes & Noble (Lord knows it's one of my all time favorite places to spend money) but I thought the Library sale was amazing! The children's books were 25 cents a piece. What better place to pick up great educational and interesting books that you may not find sitting on the shelf at a major book retailer?

No comments: