Saturday, April 12, 2008

Looking for some uplifting music? Check this out...

mattmaherbanner

My musical taste doesn't generally include contemporary Christian for one reason or another, but every once in a while I get on this Christian music kick and find myself looking for uplifting and thought-provoking music. There just seems to be something really peaceful about being reminded of how big God is while driving down Ga400 in rush hour. Somehow the lady holding up traffic while she tries to paint her nails and drive seems less of an issue when I'm being reminded how big this world is and what God is really all about.

I was recently given the chance to hear and review Matt Maher's (rhymes with Mars) Cd "Empty & Beautiful." Though most of the songs are more traditional than I usually listen to, the Cd is a great soundtrack to introspection. I think it's the perfect music to have during a morning Bible study/quiet time or just as you get ready to start your day. If you like contemporary Christian music, then this is definitely a great CD to pick up and add to your iPod playlist. "Your Grace is Enough" is by far my favorite track and I think maybe I should just have that one loop in the mornings to remind me that whatever faces me during the day, God is faithful and present even (and especially) when it really doesn't feel like it. Maybe listening to that would give me some Christian love and compassion for the lady painting her nails on the highway. That truly would be a miracle...

Interested in hearing it? Listen to it online here or download it on iTunes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love his music!