Monday, April 21, 2008

Please tell me this is a joke.


Newsweek has this article on a new book written by a plastic surgeon for all the kiddos of the mommy's who are pursuing physical perfection.

And, for the life of me, I can't think of anything witty to say about this only because I am so horrified at the actual book. I can't imagine what goes through a child's mind when their mommy sits down to read a book about her quest for physical perfection.

I wonder, does it address the issue of whether mommy will still love them if they're physically imperfect? Or perhaps it suggests that cosmetic surgery will be something they will be able to have once they're old enough?

It actually says in the book that the new mommy will not be a different mommy, just a prettier mommy. Really? I mean, REALLY?????

2 comments:

Me said...

*gag*

Land of Lovings said...

i know, right? as if i needed any more motivation to be sickened by society's obsession with physical perfection. now they are marketing it directly to our kids. nice.