Thursday, April 10, 2008

How to be a Wrap Star


Sorry about the pun. I just couldn't help myself. I wrapped a present for a friend of mine the other day and it occurred to me that I should share my absolute favorite way to wrap a present.

First, let me tell you a little tidbit about me. I can be really, really cheap. I mean, I like to spend money on fun stuff like make-up and shoes and clothes and purses. But, one thing I hate is spending money on stupid stuff like wrapping paper. I'd much rather find some other more creative option. Because as much as I hate buying wrapping paper, I LOVE wrapping presents. It's one of my favorite things about birthdays and holidays. And, there are tons of ways to wrap a present.

My favorite way, however, is to pull out one of the many old magazines I have lying around and tear out the prettiest pages. For small presents, you may only need one page (the present above only used one page from a home decor mag). For bigger ones, you simply tape a couple pages together to form a larger sheet or use newsprint or a larger format magazine.

I think it makes for the most interesting and pretty presents especially when adorned with a pretty bow that coordinates with the wrapping. I also love it 'cause it allows you to hand-pick wrapping that works with the recipient's tastes and interests.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I woould have never thought of that I like it!